Hey everyone! We’ve been hard at work the last few weeks building out VideoRecon and wanted to share with you some of the things we’ll be making available this week to our users (coinciding with our breakout session at IBM’s World of Watson conference in Las Vegas — part of our platform leverages IBM Watson APIs).
Our new announcements for this week at World of Watson include:
- VideoRecon API (Invite-only): An API is now available for any developer and/or application to tie into VideoRecon within its natural workflow. If you’re interested, just let us know and we’ll get you access
- Integration with Box (Beta): Transparently leverage VideoRecon in the background to analyze your video files after you’ve uploaded them into your Box account. The auto-tags from VideoRecon are passed back into Box in its native metadata format. This will be the first integration of many that we’re working on!
- Upload Portal (Beta): New capability for users to use the VideoRecon web portal to upload videos manually (and receive tags back automatically)
As before, all capabilities today are still in limited beta mode and accessible as a preview until we officially launch our service in the very near future.
In addition, here are some of the things that we’re working on for the future (we’d love your feedback!):
- VideoRecon API & SDKs (Public Access): Pretty self-explanatory.. this would be the ability of any developer and/or application to access our API (when we exit our beta preview period)
- Integration with more third-party services: Box is just the beginning… we’re currently working on integrations with some of the most popular content management services and other unique integrations, including with certain IoT-centric devices
- Industry-centric accuracy enhancements: Our goal is to enable VideoRecon to be customized for specific enterprises and their unique video analytics use cases. This would include building on some of our unique algorithms that complement our usage of IBM Watson.
As always, we welcome your thoughts and feedback! If you’d like to partner with us or try out our API, please let us know!